About this product:
- Compact 2.5″ smart display with Alexa ready to help
- Alexa is always happy to help – Manage your day. Get instant information. Check weather and traffic on your way out.
- Voice control your music – Ask Alexa to play music and see lyrics with Amazon Music. Also, stream music from Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, and other music services, or books from Audible.
- Control your smart home – Voice control compatible devices or manage them on the easy-to-use display. Ask Alexa to show you security cameras, control lights, and adjust thermostats.
- Connect with video calling and messaging – Make video calls to family and friends with Skype, the Alexa app, an Echo Spot, or Echo Show.
- Alexa has skills – With tens of thousands of skills and counting, Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new skills like tracking fitness, playing games, and more.
- Designed to protect your privacy – Electronically disconnect the microphones and camera with one press of a button.
Echo Spot provides hands-free voice control for your music. Watch as the display comes alive to show song lyrics, custom stations, curated playlists, and album art with Amazon Music. You can also listen to audiobooks from Audible, podcasts, radio stations, news briefs, and more.
Echo Spot also connects to Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio–giving you voice control for all of your music. Echo Spot is Bluetooth-enabled so you can stream other popular music services.
Make hands-free voice calls to almost anyone, or video calls to friends and family with Skype, the Alexa app, an Echo Spot, or Echo Show. Use the Drop In feature when you want to connect instantly with other compatible Echo devices in your home. For example, you can drop in to ask what time dinner will be ready, see the baby’s nursery, or check in with a close relative. With Alexa Announcements you can also use Echo Spot to broadcast a quick, one-way message to all other Echo devices in your home.
Making calls with Alexa is easy. Set up your voice profile and teach Alexa to recognize your voice. When you say, “Alexa, call Mom”, Alexa will call your mom, even if you have multiple users in your home. With the Alexa App, conversations and contacts go where you go. When you’re away from home, use the app to make a quick call or send a message to your family’s Echo.
Alexa, call Mom. Alexa, announce that dinner’s ready.” />
For news and information you can see and hear, just ask Alexa for the news from CNN, Bloomberg, and more. Curious about the latest movie trailers or showtimes? Just ask.
Echo Spot helps keep you organized at home. Start a timer in the kitchen and watch as it counts down, or easily see and manage your family’s calendar. Sign in to the Alexa App to take your to-do and shopping lists with you. Just add an item to the list from home, and whoever is out shopping will see it added instantly on their Alexa App.
Echo uses tens of thousands of skills and counting. Skills are like apps and help you do more with your device, like test your trivia knowledge with Jeopardy!, find your inner Zen with Headspace, track your fitness with Fitbit, fall asleep to ambient sounds, play games, and more. It’s easy to get started – just say “Alexa, help me get started with skills.”
New skills are being added all the time. Discover skills and see ratings and reviews in the skill section of the Alexa app or by visiting the skill homepage. You can also create your own custom Alexa responses in minutes by using Alexa Skill Blueprints to create your own Alexa Skills.
Echo Spot is small and compact, and fits easily into any room of your home. The compact size and viewing angle of the screen make Echo Spot ideal for use on a nightstand or desk as a smart alarm clock that can also turn your lights on and off, show your commute time, get the weather, or show your calendar. Or use Spot in the kitchen to easily set and see timers, call friends and family, see shopping and to do lists, and more.
Echo Spot can connect directly to speakers using a 3.5 mm stereo cable or Bluetooth to add voice control to your home stereo system in the living room or den. Plus, with multi-room music, play your favorites throughout your home across multiple Echo devices (Bluetooth not supported for multi-room music).
Simple to Set Up & Use